Web Metrics/Analytics Community
Who We Are
The Web Metrics/Analytics Community of Practice (CoP) is part of the Federal Web Managers Council, an interagency group of senior government web managers working to improve U.S. Government websites.
Our goal is to support the use of web metrics and other evaluation tools to improve government websites.
What We Do
The Web Metrics/Analytics CoP meets regularly to discuss ways web managers can use quantitative metrics to improve their websites. Current activities include:
- Develop best practices for using web metrics tools and services
- Suggest best practices for reporting metrics data
- Investigate metrics software packages features currently in use
- Share strategies for using web metrics for decision support
- Develop and conduct surveys of the government web manager community to solicit opinions, identify trends, and collect best practices
- Maintain the Web Analytics section of this website (HowTo.gov)
Who Can Join
If you work for a federal, state, local or tribal U.S. Government agency, and you're interested in helping with these activities, join us! Please note that Community membership is limited only to government employees, and contractors with a government email address.
How To Join
Visit the Web Metrics Community of Practice on OMB's MAX wiki (part of the Web and New Media Community)