Who We Are
The Search/SEO Community of Practice (CoP) is part of the Federal Web Managers Council, an interagency group of senior government web managers working to improve U.S. Government websites.
Our goal is to help improve the searchers' ability to find relevant government information on government websites. We also promote understanding and use of best practices for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to increase the visibility of government information on commercial search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
What We Do
- Share strategies for implementing search for pages, datasets, social media, multimedia, and other information on government websites
- Share strategies for improving SEO
- Participate in an online discussion forum open to all government employees who are interested in recent developments in search engine techniques and technologies
- Help conduct (or recruit participants for) usability studies for search engine features
- Maintain the Site Search and SEO sections of this website (HowTo.gov)
Who Can Join
If you work for a federal, state, local or tribal U.S. Government agency, and you're interested in helping with these activities, join us! Please note that membership is limited only to government employees, and contractors with a government email address.
How To Join
Visit the Search/SEO Community of Practice on OMB's MAX wiki (part of the Web and New Media Community)
Contact group Chair Ammie Farraj Feijoo.