Training and Development Community
Who We Are
The Training and Development Community of Practice (CoP) is part of the Federal Web Managers Council, an interagency group of senior government web managers working to improve U.S. Government websites.
Our goal is to support DigitalGov University in providing training to government web managers to help them improve government websites.
What We Do
The Training and Development Task Group meets regularly to identify and discuss training requirements for web managers.
Current activities include:
- Provide input into strategic direction and long–term planning for DigitalGov University (DGU)
- Develop recommendations for creating a training certification for government web managers
- Assist in planning and supporting the annual Government Web and New Media Conference
- Provide recommendations on training formats, including online tutorials, webcasts, podcasts, etc.
- Benchmark other training programs and share best practices
- Seek additional ways to recognize agencies who have shown innovative practices in managing their web content
Who Can Join
If you work for a federal, state, local or tribal U.S. Government agency, and you're interested in helping with these activities, join us! Please note that CoP membership is limited only to government employees, and contractors with a government email address.
How To Join
Visit the Training and Development Community on OMB's MAX wiki (part of the Web and New Media Community)
Contact group Chair Vivian Mackey.