Our Challenges and Contests section offers examples, guidelines, and case studies from government agencies who have run challenges.
Challenge.gov: New Challenge Platform for Federal Agencies
Challenge.gov is a new platform that allows federal agencies to post challenges, and at the same time, allows the public to find federal challenges.
It's now open to federal agencies to create challenges or showcase challenges from other platforms.
GSA issued a Request for Information (RFI) for a no cost government challenge platform on Fed Biz Opps. Eight organizations responded.
GSA evaluated the offers against the criteria in the RFI and selected ChallengePost. ChallengePost has experience working with government clients, having run New York City’s Big Apps and Apps for Healthy Kids with USDA and First Lady Michelle Obama, among over 100 total challenges.
- Allows federal agencies to create and post challenges using the platform
- Allows agencies to showcase challenges being run on this and other platforms
Allows the public to:
- Find and show support for all government challenges
- Sort challenges by time left, prize amount, popularity, topic, agency
- Discuss and post solutions to challenges agencies create on this platform
- Share challenges with their friends via email and social media
- Receive email or RSS updates on challenges on this platform
- Vote on submitted challenges, if allowed by the challenge posters
See GSA's Challenge.gov Fact Sheet (PDF, 480 KB, 3 pages, December 2011) for more information.