Publication Standards and Style Guides
Examples of publication standards and style guides on current federal public websites. Contact us if your agency has a web style guide or publication standards you can share.
- Communication Standards and Guidelines—Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, U.S. Department of Energy
- Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury Style Guide—Department of Defense (PDF, 1.29 MB, 65 pages, April 2013)
- EIA Writing Style Guide—U.S. Energy Information Administration (PDF, 1.45 MB, 110 pages, December 2012)
- EPA Web design—U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- NARA Style Guide—National Archives and Records Administration (PDF, 418 KB, 63 pages, December 2012)
- Spanish Language Style Guide and Glossaries—GSA provides this resource for government translators and communications specialists to improve the way we communicate with the public in Spanish.
- U.S. Government Printing Office Style Manual
- Web Publication Procedures and Style Guide—U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development