Get Blog Training
Blog planning—Step 5 of 7
A blog is about developing a relationship with your readers. A good training class can teach you about both the personal and the technical sides of blogging.
Blog management training can help you:
- Develop structure for your blog
- Select stories and themes
- Develop a clear, concise and conversational writing style
- Draw out and manage comments
- Write at a level, and in a tone, appropriate to your primary audience
Technical training can teach you how to:
- Use your blog software to create and post content
- Create a dynamic header for your blog title, logo and tag line
- Develop a system to manage, organize and archive posts
- Use widgets and gadgets effectively
- Incorporate RSS feeds to automatically deliver content to readers
These online training sessions can help you get started
- Best Practices for Blogging, archived DGU New Media Talk, May 2009
- Guide for Blogging at EPA (PDF, 6 pages, August 2008)
After you’ve gotten training, you need to identify criteria for success.
Review all steps at a glance on the How to Blog page.