About DigitalGov University
DigitalGov University (DGU) is the federal government's training program for digital media and citizen engagement. DGU provides high quality, cost-effective training to thousands of federal employees each year.
- Build agencies' capacity to deliver an outstanding and innovative customer experience across government
- Add to the broad range of skills agencies need to manage their digital media and citizen engagement efforts
- Improve agencies' knowledge of digital government best practices
Types of Training
DGU offers a range of online, in-person, and on-demand training events. Most in-person classes are held in Washington, DC. Read more about the types of classes in digital government and the current DGU class schedule.
|Type of Training||Description|
In-depth professional development training, focused on core competencies, with specific learning objectives
(1 or 2 days)
Interactive training presented via the Web
|New Media Talks||Demos of government's use of New Media tools, and discussions with industry thought leaders|
Educational and networking events featuring government and industry thought leaders.
Our diverse curriculum targets a federal audience, and peer-to-peer learning that facilitates cross-agency collaboration and sharing of best practices in:
- Customer service principles and techniques
- Web management
- Content strategy and plain language communications
- User experience, design, and accessibility
- Search engines
- Social media and citizen engagement
- Challenges, prizes and innovations
- IT and emerging technology
- Contact center management
We design our program for anyone who wants to use digital media and citizen engagement to deliver a great customer experience, such as:
- Senior leaders
- Program managers and program staff
- Web and New Media professionals
- Open Gov officials
- Chief information officers and IT staff
- Contact center managers and their staff
DGU also hosts the annual Government Web and New Media Conference, the largest gathering of government web and new media professionals in the U.S., attracting more than 500 attendees. The event continues to feature well-known keynote speakers, including senior executives from OMB, the White House, and federal agencies, as well as leading industry experts in digital media and citizen engagement.
Use of DigitalGov University Materials
Unless a copyright is indicated, material presented by DigitalGov University is free of copyright and may be copied and distributed without permission. Citation of DigitalGov University as source is appreciated. However, some material used in DGU training is the property of private individuals, companies, or independent contractors and therefore may be protected by copyright.
If a copyright is indicated on a photo, graphic, or other material, you must get permission from the original source to use or to copy this material.
Learn more about Copyright and Other Rights Pertaining to U.S. Government Works.
DigitalGov University is jointly sponsored by:
- Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies, U.S. General Services Administration
- Federal Web Managers Council
Return to DGU Schedule of Classes