Challenges and Prizes Webinar Series: DOL and Mobile Apps Case Study
|Date:||Tuesday, October 23, 2012|
Xavier Hughes, DOL
NOTE: Large files will take more time to download.
- Webinar recording: U.S. Department of Labor: DOL Innovation through Challenge.gov (WMV, 88.2 MB, 66 minutes, November 2012)
- Presentation slides: U.S. Department of Labor: DOL Innovation through Challenge.gov (PPT, 2.43 MB, 15 slides, October 2012)
- Transcript: Challenges and Prizes Webinar Series: DOL and Mobile Apps Case Study (MS Word, 74 KB, 17 pages, November 2012)
In a challenge, a "seeker" challenges "solvers" to identify a solution to a particular problem, or rewards contestants for accomplishing a goal. The solutions may be: ideas, designs, logos, videos, finished products, digital games, or mobile applications.
Join us for the first installment in our Challenges and Prizes Webinar Series, where Xavier Hughes, Chief Innovation Officer at the Department of Labor, will share his experience running four mobile apps challenges. Find out how he did it and how you can make your agency’s next mobile apps challenge bigger and better.
What You'll Learn
After attending this webinar, you'll know how to:
- Use challenges and prizes at your agency
- Have the public help you make useful mobile apps out of your agency’s data
- Get ideas to run your mobile apps challenge
About the Presenter
Xavier Hughes is the Chief Innovation Officer at the Department of Labor. Xavier has over 14 years of professional experience encompassing business process improvement, strategic business planning and development, agile systems technology development, public/private sector communications, domestic policy formulation and implementation, and federal continuity of operations.
Xavier holds a Bachelor of Business Administration and Finance and is finishing an Executive M.B.A. in International Finance and Management from the University of Miami.