Joe Pagano Memorial Web Analytics Lecture Series—Measurements with Meaning: Developing an Analytics Strategy
|Date:||Thursday, November 1, 2012|
Trish Cozart, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
NOTE: Large files will take more time to download. Review our policy on the use of DigitalGov University information, and get permission before using or duplicating copyrighted material.
- Webinar recording Part 1: Measurements with Meaning: Developing an Analytics Strategy (WMV, 31.8 MB, 24 minutes, November 2012)
- Webinar recording Part 2: Metrics for Government Web Sites (WMV, 46.1 MB, 35 minutes, November 2012)
- Webinar recording Part 3: Case Study: Experiments with Goals, Conversions and Campaigns (WMV, 39.9 MB, 30 minutes, November 2012)
- Presentation slides: Trish Cozart: Measurements with Meaning: Developing an Analytics Strategy (PDF, 4.19 MB, 28 pages, November 2012)
- Presentation slides: Phil Kemelor: Metrics for Government Web Sites (PDF, .98 MB, 17 pages, November 2012)
- Presentation slides: Ilene France: Case Study: Experiments with Goals, Conversions and Campaigns (PDF, 1.36 MB, 25 pages, November 2012)
- Transcript: Joe Pagano Memorial Web Analytics Lecture Series—Measurements with Meaning: Developing an Analytics Strategy (MS Word, 34 KB, 17 pages, November 2012)
It can be tricky to demonstrate your website's value. How do you show that your site is making an impact? Too often aggregate numbers of visits and views become the only metric used to show success. But what can you do about it?
Join us for the second installment of the Joe Pagano Memorial Web Analytics Lecture Series, and our distinguished panel will walk us through how to measure with meaning.
What You'll Learn
This in-person seminar will teach you:
- The most valuable metrics for measuring the impact of websites and other digital initiatives, based on clear business strategies and how to choose them.
- Innovative approaches and strategies for assembling the right tools and resources without burning through your budget.
About the Presenters
Trish Cozart is a Senior Project Leader for the National Renewable Energy Laboratory’s (NREL) Technology Deployment Tools team. Trish currently manages the Department of Energy’s Clean Cities and Alternative Fuels Data Center websites and provides strategic vision for these and other Department of Energy Web projects.
Prior to joining NREL in 2009, Trish worked as a Web communications contractor and co-founded a digital publishing company specializing in audio production and new media for World Heritage Sites. She also spent more than a decade managing and designing software programs and health education Web content for McKesson Corporation. Trish received a Bachelor of Science degree in Natural Sciences from Colorado State University and a Masters of Science in Technical Communications from the University of Colorado.
Phil Kemelor is the Vice President of Strategic Analytics for Semphonic, one of the largest vendor-neutral digital analytics consulting firms in the world. Based in Washington, DC, Phil manages the firm’s government, non-profit and strategic practices. Phil has 17 years of experience in the field and initiated analytics programs at U.S. Pharmacopeia and Bell Atlantic and co-founded the professional services division at NetGenesis, a first-generation analytics solutions company.
While at Semphonic, he led engagements at the National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute, and the Broadcast Board of Governors. Phil was the lead analyst for The CMS Watch Web Analytics Report, an annual evaluation of Web analytics software vendors, is the author of The Executive's Guide to Web Site Measurement and Testing and led the Web Analytics Association 2009 research Tapping the Potential of Web Analytics for Public Sector and Non-Profit Sites. Phil has been a speaker at the Gilbane Conferences, Web Managers Roundtable, Potomac Forum, J. Boye Conferences, and eMetrics.