Mobile Platform Development Series: BlackBerry
|Date:||Wednesday, April 11, 2012|
Richard Balsewich, RIM
NOTE: Large files will take more time to download
- Webinar recording: BlackBerry Apps Experience: Everything You Need to Know and More (WMV, 72.7 MB, 1 hour, 4 minutes, April 2012)
- Presentation slides: BlackBerry Apps Experience: Everything You Need to Know and More (PDF, 3.6 MB, 29 pages, April 2012)
- Transcript: Mobile Platform BlackBerry Transcript (PDF, 40 KB, 11 pages, April 2012)
- Handouts: "Unofficial" BlackBerry Developers Handy Guide (PDF, 3.5 MB, 35 pages, April 2012)
GSA's Mobile Gov Program Management Office is working with government agencies to help them accelerate using mobile applications (apps) to reach citizens. But how do you build apps and understand the app ecosystem? What's the app store process in each platform? How do you get apps into the store? Are there things that disqualify apps?
NOTE: These webinars will discuss app deployment and tips; not legal issues.
What You'll Learn
- The basics for creating apps on the BlackBerry platform
- Tips and tricks for good app development
- How to get an agency app placed in the platform
About the Presenter
Richard Balsewich is an Enterprise Mobility Architect at Research In Motion (RIM). Richard provides application development guidance and technical architecture expertise to some of the largest companies and government agencies in North America.
Before joining RIM, Richard was a high-tech consultant for Eighteen Twenty Consulting, where he helped the federal government and the private sector deliver mission-critical business systems and applications. He has more than 5 years of experience in mobility and more than 10 years of enterprise software development experience.