Mobile Platform Development Series: Microsoft
|Date:||Wednesday, April 25, 2012|
|Presenters:||John McClelland and Joel Reyes, Microsoft|
NOTE: Large files will require extended time to download.
- Webinar recording: Mobile Platform Development Series: Microsoft (WMV, 10.1 MB, 1 hour, 4 minutes, April 2012)
- Presentation slides: Mobile Platform Development Series: Microsoft (PDF, 2.9 MB, 30 pages, April 2012)
- Transcript: Mobile Platform Development Series: Microsoft (PDF, 39 KB, 10 pages, April 2012)
GSA's Mobile Gov Program Management Office is working with government agencies to help them accelerate using mobile applications (apps) to reach citizens. But how do you build apps and understand the app ecosystem? What's the app store process in each platform? How do you get apps into the store? Are there things that disqualify apps?
To answer these questions and more, we've developed a webinar series to help agencies better understand how to bring their info and services to the mobile app user. We have invited representatives from the top mobile application platforms to explain and offer tips and tricks about their app stores.
NOTE: These webinars will discuss app deployment and tips; not legal issues.
What You'll Learn
- The basics for creating apps on the Microsoft platform
- Tips and tricks for good app development
- How to get an agency app placed in the platform
About the Presenters
John McClelland and Joel Reyes of the Developer and Platform Evangelism (DPE) Division at Microsoft, are responsible for driving developer excitement and adoption of Microsoft platform technologies. DPE works with customers, partners, startups, students and other technical communities across the globe to advance the next generation of applications, services, and experiences in the cloud and on devices like phones and PCs, built by their tools.