Posting Grant and Contract Information
What It Is
Every organization that provides grants or has contracting opportunities should provide information about those opportunities on its website and link to appropriate cross-agency portals. This is a best practice for managing your agency’s website.
Why It’s Important
The President's Management Agenda makes it a priority to standardize and automate the grants application process and to centralize federal contracting opportunities in cross-agency portals. All federal organizations must support those portals.
How to Implement
- Organizations that post grants information should link to grants.gov.
- Organizations that post contracts information should link to federal portal(s) with contracting information related to that organization.
- If an organization has significant grants or contracts available, it may be appropriate to showcase that information-or a link to that information-on the homepage.
- Conduct usability studies to determine the best terms to use and places to locate this information on your website.
- Department of Labor Grant and Contract Information Page
- National Institutes of Health, Office of Extramural Research Grants Home Page