OMB Policy 1: Establish and Maintain Inventories, Priorities, and Schedules
Per OMB M-05-04, "Policies for Federal Agency Public Websites" (PDF, 48 KB, 5 pages, December 2004):
- Your agency is required under OMB Circular A-130 and the Paperwork Reduction Act to disseminate information to the public in a timely, equitable, efficient, and appropriate manner and to maintain inventories of information dissemination products.
- Section 207 of the E-Government Act requires your agency to develop priorities and schedules for making government information available and accessible to the public, in accordance with public comment, and to post this information on your agency's website. Section 207 also requires your agency to report to OMB, as part of the agency's annual E-Government Act report, the final determinations of inventories, priorities, and schedules your agency has made.
- Your agency must also post to your agency's website any updates to your agency's final determination of inventories, priorities, and schedules and include this information in your agency's annual E-Government Act report.
- OMB A-130, "Management of Federal Information Resources"
- Paperwork Reduction Act
- E–Government Act of 2002, Section 207